Hope everyone had a great long weekend! It was the perfect weekend here, we had our annual 4th of July party which was so fun.
We’re working with a client who is renovating. One of the things she’d like help with is choosing a light for her entry. We’ll be painting the walls a medium-toned grey and the floors banister will be stained black (of course the risers and trim will be getting a fresh coat of paint too!)
She recently chose this Owen Chandelier in polished nickel that she read about in this post for her dining room and did matching sconces in the adjacent living room. So, for the entry, we wanted to give her a number of very different options, but which all work great with her current choices.
1. This Porter Pendant is a super sexy drum shade that would add just enough bling to an entry.
2. We always take a quick at Urban Outfitters to see what kind of lighting they have. How about this Honeycomb Glass Pendant? At $64 it’s worth a try–might just have to play with the type of bulb to avoid it looking cheap.
3. This Parisian octagonal chandelier from Restoration Hardware was one of our favorites.
4. This Jonathan Adler Sputnik nickel ceiling light a great option if you want to make a statement, but don’t have a lot of ceiling height. Have more room and a little more budget, try the pendant light version. As a side note, Land of Nod also has a great sputnik-style light called the Up and Atom chandelier.
5. Talk about wow, this Cannes pendant from Circa Lighting is such a statement for an entry…but it’s pricey…
6. We wanted to offer something a little different to balance a lot of the traditional features in the home so for a clean, modern look, we suggested this George Nelson propeller lamp.
7. Of course we love the Hicks pendant and thought this client would also love it.
8. We always try to give a few really affordable options. This Globe Pendant is a good alternative to the Hicks Pendant. Yes, it doesn’t have the same detail and wow, but at a fraction of the price, it has a similar feel.
We’ll keep you posted on what she chooses!